Sunday, July 17, 2011

Moving Beyond Goldfish

I knew I wanted to create a planted tank with fish that had every color of the rainbow.  What I didn't know was which fish species would live happily together.  As a result, I spent many hours researching fish and learning that fish are labeled as "peaceful", "semi-aggressive", and "aggressive" and that peaceful fish should never be mixed with aggressive fish.  So, sometime in the late summer of 2010 I cautiously decided to move beyond goldfish and try some blackskirt tetras which I still have today.  As you can see in the photograph I also began adding plants.  In this photo you can see banana plants, amazon sword, java moss, anachris, wisteria, and hornwort.  The wisteria would not grow.  Everything else still inhabits my tank today.

No comments:

Post a Comment