Monday, July 18, 2011

A Bit Like Noahs Ark

One night, while sitting in front of my 75 gallon tank, watching my Kribensis and Australian Rainbows and Black Skirt Tetras, I began to realize that I was collecting fish from around the globe.  The Tetras originate from South America, the Kribensis from Africa and the Australian Rainbows....well Australia of course.

I found myself fascinated with the idea of making an aquarium that represents all the Continents of the world with fish.  As I watched them swim I began to calculate how to go about achieving varied colors in my tank while including male and female pairs of peaceful fish from every continent.

Recent reading had led me to become interested in Boesemani Rainbows and I learned that they were native to New Guinea.  Depending on your definition of continent and geo-political interpretations, Boesemani Rainbows could be from Asia or Australia.  Cool.  Lets buy some.

No comments:

Post a Comment